Lulu came into our lives when my daughter was 7. Lulu needed a home, and my daughter needed a friend. From that day, to this day, these two have remained bonded in a way I cannot explain. Lulu is no more. But she will always be with us.
I was told that dogs at home, absorb all the negative energies of their human family. Whether this is true or not, I cannot say, but it was heavily vindicated in our household. The kids hardly ever fell ill. There were only two humans who frequented our house that Lulu hated. She would bark, growl and complain incessantly till they left. Later one was found to be a thief. After that if Lulu did not like someone, neither did we!
Lulu left us with deep and profound lessons of love and living.
1) Sit in the sun. It’s healthy, and a great source of Vitamin D. Let your body tell you whats lacking.
I complained to the vet that Lulu sat in the sun for too long. She told me to let her be. She feels the need for the healing sun and she takes it.
2) Stare at open spaces. Dream little dreams. Let your imagination run riot.
3) Play with your younger sibling. Years later, when he/ she sees the picture they will love you more.
4) Chat with your parents’ friends. You might learn a few things.
5) Kiss your kids!
Love you girl!
6) Cuddle with your loved ones! It leaves you with a warm squishy feeling. – Hugs!! Dont forget hugs!
6) Take a nap when you want to.
7) Sit with your siblings and friends. Pose. Take pictures. Make the most of the time with your friends.
8)Complain – make your disapproval known. You never know, one day you might save a life.
9) Be who you are. You will leave behind loving memories. No one will ever forget you.
One thought on “Things Lulu taught me.”
Nice and touchy. I love dogs but can’t have one as it is just the 2 of us. It is my dream to be able to write about my dogs too one day. Inshallah…. Till then I enjoy reading about others dogs….Lulu may you have a bomb of a time, where ever you are.